Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Polish Days: Vintage

It's Polish Days time again! For the first time since I started participating in Polish Days, I really struggled with the theme. This month's theme is Vintage... Hannah suggests that you could take the theme to mean using a vintage polish, or taking a decade or trend or anything really, so long as there is some connection with the past as your inspiration. Seems easy enough right... Wrong! I could not think. I often do stamping that reminds me of old-fashioned wallpaper etc, but I wanted to do something different and as I always use Polish Days as a way to make sure I do some nail art, I didn't want to just swatch a vintage polish. In the end I googled the word vintage and this is what I came up with..,



This totally reminds me of an old-fashioned day at the beach. I actually really like the way this turned out with the stripes and everything.


This was my inspiration image. As I was scrolling down through google images, I instantly fell in love with this and knew I wanted my mani to come from this.



Here are my nails pre stamping. I love the stripes. Please excuse the fact that only two of my nails are top coated! I'm not sure why I thought it was a good idea to take photos before I did the other two??

Polishes I used were OPI 'My Boyfriend Scales Walls' as the base on all nails. I did the stripes using striping tape from Born Pretty Store with OPI 'Steady As She Rose' and China Glaze 'Aquadelic'. My ring finger was stamped using BM-309 with a-england 'Galahad' and BM-09 with Essie 'School of Hard Rocks'.

Thanks Hannah for another great Polish Days! Make sure you check out what all the other lovelies have made of this theme...

11 comments :

  1. Love the stripes and the stamped design so much. Very summery indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are gorgeous :) So glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love the stripes and the vintage accent nail. Adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stamping and the stripes, the design looks very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with the inspiration image, and your interpretation of it! The butterfly, floral and stripes, all look so beautiful on your nails!
    ps: I'd like to proclaim my love for My Boyfriend Scales Walls (again)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER interpretation! Very nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color combination, I'm not the fan of retro stripes but
    THIS is really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous inspiration & even MORE gorgeous nails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way the patterns all work together - the stripes, the stripes of another color under the stamps - it all very much has a homey, old-timey feel to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! You've captured the image perfectly! :)

    Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)