Sunday, July 13, 2014

Star Kin - Sunny Day Rain & Terracotta Army

How is everyone? Been enjoying the World Cup? We have certainly been. Today I have a post more for my kiwi readers, but of course you others can still enjoy some pretty polish pictures too. This is a brand new to my blog, Star Kin, that is the baby of Ami (from Every Sensory) and her mum, Annette. I'm really proud to support this kiwi team and they really do make absolutely beautiful polishes! Today I have 2, 'Sunny Day Rain' and 'Terracotta Army'


Star Kin Sunny Day Rain, swatch, Skittlette

Star Kin Sunny Day Rain, swatch, Skittlette
This is 'Sunny Day Rain'. I have been trying to be on a low-buy for a good while now, but as soon as I saw this on Lani Loves, I knew I'd have to get it (thanks Lani <3). I love the mix of blue glitters in this and against the grey jelly base - perfect. The best part is that this polish is brimming with glitter, absolutely no fishing is necessary. The base is a bit sheer, but 3 coats was plenty for opacity.

For this skittlette mani (see ChitChatNails) I used Zoya 'London' on my pinky and stamped with Revlon 'Royal' and Bundle Monster BM-418. On my ring finger is a gradient using OPI 'Skull & Glossbones', OPI 'No Room for the Blues' and Revlon 'Royal'.


Terracotta Army, Star Kin, swatch

Terracotta Army, Star Kin, swatch
Next up is one of my favourites - 'Terracotta Army'. This is my perfect kind of polish. A most wonderfully saturated, burnt orange holo - what's not to love? I adore the colour of this polish. And to make things even better, this is really easy to apply and opaque - I think I used 2 coats for these photos.


Here's the kicker - NZ Post is really strict when it comes to sending polish out of the country (learnt the hard way here) so these polishes are only available to kiwis at this point. But for all you kiwis, head over to Star Kin on Etsy and show them some love.

4 comments :

  1. That orange is amaaaazing! I have two from Star Kin but I need MORE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Lena! There are so many I want <3

      Delete
  2. These are both lovely - they look good on you. :-)

    Over here the postal service is the same. I got a parcel of polishes destroyed and a rather pissy letter from the postal service saying I cannot ship them abroad as they are dangerous goods!!!! Oh well you live and learn! Still annoying though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh no!! Destroyed polish makes me sad :( I tried to send some and the postal service said they would give it back to me with a warning but never did. Someone is probably enjoying the Estée Lauder polish as we speak ;)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)