Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Polish Days: MAN-icure


My first Polish Days! I'm very excited to have finally joined up with this awesome idea. This months theme is MAN-icure in tribute to Movember. I instantly knew what my MAN-i would have to be, as it is something that I get teased about loving, due to its manly nature (according to my friends). One of my big loves in life is Formula 1, namely Sebastian Vettel.



Formula One Nails, Polish Days
For those of you that don't know, Vettel is the current world champion, having won the championship for the last two years in a row, so he is car number 1. The 1 on my ring finger is the one on his RB8 (car) this season. The water marble is taken from the Red Bull colours (his team).


This is a quick snap of my Red Bull cap. Unfortunately I got this before Vettel won the championship the first time so it has number 5 on it. Anyway you can see the colours of the team there nicely.

The final MAN-i that you have just seen was actually attempt number two... I originally wanted the bright yellow from the nose cone of the RB8 in the water marble, but it didn't quite work as I had wanted...


Formula One Nails, Polish Days
As you can see, the colours all sort of muddied together. Much as I don't hate this, I am glad I redid the two nails. I love how the F turned out in the top one anyway.


I used a whole lot of polishes for this MAN-i...
a-england - 'Excalibur' & 'Camelot'
OPI - 'Red Lights Ahead... Where', 'I'm Not Really A Waitress', 'Yoga-Ta Get This Blue', 'No Room For The Blues', 'The 'It' Color'
Nicole by OPI - 'Listen To Your Momager'
Sally Hansen - 'White On'
Konad - Special White

If you have any questions about what I used where, please leave a comment and I'd be happy to tell you more :)

For the middle finger I used LeaLaC XL - B stamping plate and for my ring and pinky finger I used striping tape to get all the lines nice and straight.

I had lots of fun doing this MAN-i and it actually served as the perfect distraction to take my mind of the pain in my tummy while I was sick :)

If you want to sign up for the next Polish Days, hop over to Polly Polish for information.

16 comments :

  1. This is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool- I like that you did something different on each nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ameerah! I had so much fun doing it :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome idea! And done perfectly! I'm amazed by how you managed to do such straight and accurate lines)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I just used striping tape from the Born Pretty Store for all the lines and waited AGES for everything to dry as I added bits to the F and the 1 :)

      Delete
  4. These are fab! I've not tried water marbling yet... been on my list for a while. Love the colors you used

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely try it! I've only done it twice before these two times, but it was much easier this time around with a bit more practice under my belt :) I love how you never quite know what you're going to get :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing work, I could recognize your love for Sebastian Vettel even BEFORE I've read the texts!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much! I'm glad that it was recognizable :)

      Delete
  6. Such a flawless job on all the nails! Go Redbull! I've always aimed to do a F1-inspired mani when the F1 comes to town, but never found the time. This is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much! You should definitely do one next year ;) Singapore is one of the Grand Prix that we would LOVE to see live!!!! Definitely one of our favourites! I'm so nervous for the last 2 races!! It's so close :s One day we will make it to Singapore and we can have an F1 nails date ;)
      P.s. I love your Polish Days MAN-i too <3

      Delete
  7. I will try! And funny enough, I myself have not been to the Singapore leg! I'm one of the very few oddballs. LOL! But would definitely love to! The atmosphere is amazing (if you get the right seats).
    I will hold you to that, hahaha!!
    PS: Thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can just imagine that it's amazing. We might try and get to the Melbourne GP maybe year after next or something. You have no idea how much I'd love to come and visit Singapore and have a polish party with ya! There wouldn't be any holding to it needed believe me :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)