Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam - Nicole by OPI & Heart Of Glass - Dollish Polish

I have been dying to try this Nicole by OPI polish since I got it so long ago but for some reason I didn't until now. This is 'Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam', one of the Kardashian Kolors released in 2011.


Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam, Nicole by OPI, Kardashian Kolor, swatch
First up, apologies for the sorry state of my cuticles! I didn't realise they were so bad until I was going through these photos for this post! Anyway... 'Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam' is A-MA-ZING!!! This is without top coat and look how shiny! It's a gorgeous blackened tealy colour and oh boy do I just love it!



Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam, Nicole by OPI, Kardashian Kolor, swatch
It can actually look quite green-y blue in certain lighting. The top photo shows the blackened side of it with this photo showing a bit more of the ocean blue/green. How the bottle looks in this photo is about as blue as it gets on the nail.



After I put this polish on, I wasn't satisfied and I had not long since received two more Dollish Polishes. I had seen 'Heart of Glass' on Nail Polish Anon over navy and knew more than ever that I needed that polish. So here I was with my new bottle of 'Heart of Glass' thinking I might have to go ahead and try it over 'Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam', seeing as it looked so perfect over navy on Michaela. By the way, if any of you haven't been over to Michaela's blog, you may want to get onto that :) She's a fellow kiwi blogger and her blog is awesome. She is possibly the most to blame for my new-found indie polish love!



Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam, Nicole by OPI, Kardashian Kolor, Heart Of Glass, Dollish Polish swatch
It was such crappy weather the day I put this on and I took literally hundreds of photos trying to get even one that resembled just how freaking gorgeous this really was, but I didn't get any! You will have to take my word for it when I say this is a holographic glitter dream come true and even better in real life!



Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam, Nicole by OPI, Kardashian Kolor, Heart Of Glass, Dollish Polish swatch


Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam, Nicole by OPI, Kardashian Kolor, Heart Of Glass, Dollish Polish swatch
Isn't it perfect! And another reason why I love this, I have never really jumped on the whole bar glitter bandwagon as they make me think of something that I'm not going to get into here :p But I have to say the little bars in this are just right and I wouldn't have it any other way!



Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam, Nicole by OPI, Kardashian Kolor, Heart Of Glass, Dollish Polish swatch
I just had to add in this macro. Don't you love the quirks that come with glitter polishes! Like that bunch of bar glitter where the cuts haven't separated them fully. It kept catching my eye :)



So there you have it, another post of polishes that I love! I promise I am capable of feeling other emotions, just not very often when it comes to polishes. It has become something of a challenge to me to find a polish that I put on and can truly say that I hate.
The formulas on both these polishes were also the stuff that dreams are made of! 'Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam' was so close to being a one coater and anyone with a steadier hand than me (not hard) could certainly make one coat work, I think. It's pretty thick but in the best way. Something else that I loved is that it was super forgiving. I was in such a hurry to get this polish on that I whacked it straight onto my strengthener without any base coat. The Essie strengtheners that I use have tended to make polish pull and do all sorts of weird stuff but this polish didn't care about any of that. It just spread itself onto my nails like butter on hot toast! As I said earlier, the photos up top are sans top coat and you can see just how shiny that bad boy is! 'Heart Of Glass' was also very easy! The shards did tend to settle pretty quick so make sure you give it a good mix. It was easy to get a good wash of the holo and bar glitter and all the glitters sat perfectly flat except one little piece on my thumb. I used a single coat of Essie 'Good To Go' on top.

'Khloé Had A Little Lam-Lam' is available in NZ at Farmers, Smith & Caughey and a bunch of pharmacies. 'Heart of Glass' can be purchased from Dollish Polish website, though not currently. I think Dolly is having a restock soon but unfortunately this won't be one of the polishes in this round.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)