Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Polish Days - Seven Deadly Sins

It's Polish Days time again! I love Polish Days so much although at the time ,it always seems to stress me out. Basically though, no matter how busy I am, I try and make time to do a little something different for this each month. And for that reason, I really want to thank Hannah (Polly Polish) for setting up this whole fantastic thing.

This month's theme was the seven deadly sins. I have to say this one threw me a little and in my very limited time I had no idea what to do. In the end I just went with a simple water marble using colours inspired by four of the sins...




My sins left to right are...
• Greed - a-england 'Holy Grail'
• Lust - a-england 'Perceval'
• Envy - a-england 'Dragon'
• Pride - a-england 'Avalon'
With each of these main colours I used a-england 'Bridal Veil' and Girly Bits 'Hocus Pocus' on all the fingers.



I started out with the idea that I wanted black, one colour and clear polish as the marble on each finger. I love love love when Sarah from Chalkboard Nails uses her natural nail colour in designs and I wanted to incorporate this somehow. But for the life of me I could not make any clear polish work. I tried so many different top and base coats (quick dry, slow dry, everything). I really didn't want to give up though and in the end The Boy pulled this out and said "Will this work?"... Can we all just take a moment... He is a genius! I am so happy with the effect and I think you can expect different marbling variations using this polish in the future.

Make sure you check out how everybody else interpreted this month's Polish Days theme...

21 comments :

  1. this is absolutely beautiful (and, you're welcome)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that marble came out wonderfully :D I think this is one of my favourite challenge manis! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful is this marble? I love the fact that is sheer and holographic. Not a combination you see often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Laura! I was really happy with how it turned out. And let's face it, everything's better when it's holo ;)

      Delete
  4. Holy cowbells, I've seen some pretty great watermarbles but this is freaking amazing! I love the idea of nudey bits peeking through with just a touch of holo to take it over the top. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy!! I'm really glad you love it! Such a lovely comment <3

      Delete
  5. Your watermarble is stunning! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really interesting and beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hy there!! I have found your blog and I'm very glad because you have a lot of interesting subject and you make gorgeous nail designs. I will follow you for sure. If you are in the mood for some nail designs please do not hesitate to visit my blog too. Kisses and thanks in advance.
    http://roxyru.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this water marble. It is sort of like butterfly wings with the clear parts. You have inspired me to buck up and try a water marble paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Definitely give marbling a go. It's really fun :)

      Delete
  9. This is so gorgeous! The water marble came out great. I am a big fan of A-england polishes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! They're definitely one of my favourite brands! :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)