Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Daydream Surprise - Enchanted Polish & Butler Please - Essie

Holy moly!! 4 tests and 2 assignments down, 1 more due on Friday then a WHOLE week till the next thing's due. WOO. I can't believe how busy I have been. So much so that my nails have been naked more than not and they  are getting long again! I am going to finish this post and file and paint them! I CAN'T WAIT!

Anyway... I threw some polishes on about a week and a bit ago for an engagement party and I loved them. This is Essie 'Butler Please' with Enchanted Polish 'Daydream Surprise' from the 'Love a Lot of Glitter' collection. Thanks Mimi for helping me get my mitts on 'Butler Please'.

Daydream Surprise, Enchanted Polish, Butler Please, Essie, swatch

Daydream Surprise, Enchanted Polish, Butler Please, Essie, swatch
OOOooooooeeeee 'Butler Please' was so hard to capture colour-correct. It is slightly more indigo in real life. On top of 'Butler Please' is Enchanted Polish 'Daydream Surprise'. I love the unexpected mix of glitters in this polish. The red glitters really pop against the whimsical iridescent pieces. All the different types and shapes of glitters all catch the light differently so it's always sparkling. I got so many comments on this combo.

These photos show 2 coats of 'Butler Please' with one coat of 'Daydream Surprise'. I just have to take a minute to say it is lucky 'Butler Please' is so gorgeous because its application pretty much sucks. It has a weird satiny finish that doesn't level out on the nail at all, leaving you with little baldy thin bits and then gloopy thick bits. Its one saving factor is that it only needs 2 coats for full opacity so at least after 2 coats the drama is over. I think the colour makes it worth the trouble for me, but some people might not feel the same? 'Daydream Surprise' was easy peesy, one coat, no dabbing, packed full of glitter.

Enchanted Polish is available from lots of places online. I generally purchase mine from Harlow & Co. but they are also available from Llarowe and Mei Mei's Signatures and of course from Enchanted Polish among other places.

3 comments :

  1. I just picked up this Essie Butler Please yesterday. Looooove it!! It looks amazing on you.I can't wait to try it on. :)

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award! The award nominee rules are at my blog (link below). Congrats and I think your blog is awesome!

    http://kellysnailblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeee the glitter polish! I love the circle and stick glitters inside, this would look amazing on all white or black polish(: Great look!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Its so nice to see a polish with bar glitters that isnt curling these days.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)