Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bungle Jungle - Essie

It's study avoidance time! What better way to procrastinate than with my blog? Todays polish is worth it though, I have Essie 'Bungle Jungle' to show you and boy is it pretty. As far as I can tell, this polish was originally released in the Winter '06 collection 'Hot For Spots', but I got it for half price (about $12.50) in the Smith and Caughey sale and for once in my life I bought it having never even heard of it before (thank goodness I did).


Bungle Jungle, Essie, Swatch
See! What did I tell you! 'Bungle Jungle' is the most eye-searingly gorgeous red that I own. It's such an intense cherry red, the kind that will certainly make people notice your nails.



Bungle Jungle, Essie, Swatch
'Bungle Jungle' has this subtle gold shimmer all through it that appears fairly obvious in the bottle but is particularly shy on the nail. In the right light though, this beauty shines spectacularly.



Bungle Jungle, Essie, Swatch
In low light, everything just becomes even richer. This polish seems to have so much depth to it! And you can see quite clearly what I meant about the gold shimmer in the bottle.



Bungle Jungle, Essie, Swatch
This is how 'Bungle Jungle' looks in most lights. The shimmer is not obvious but as I said, it just gives the polish a certain depth and a little bit of an edge.



Bungle Jungle, Essie, Swatch
A sneaky close-up look at this reveals that shimmer. It almost has a slight iridescent quality to it... Or maybe that's just my eyes? Either way... I love it.


Oh dear another gushy post from me, but I hope you can all see that this polish deserves every single gush. I secretly love red polish and this one is quite possibly my favourite. At first I was disappointed that the shimmer didn't really transfer onto the nail but now, I just love it the way it is. How can I make this even better?... The formula... 'Bungle Jungle' was a pleasure to apply. Perfectly thin and easy flowing. This is the Essie formula that I seem to always hear about but hadn't really experienced. I used three coats on my right hand (as seen in the photos) but I left it at two coats on my left hand and that was enough. I used Orly 'Bonder' as my base coat and Essie 'Good To Go' on top.

P.S. I love this polish so much, I couldn't help but make the photos extra-large for your viewing pleasure! :)

8 comments :

  1. wowza! such a pretty red, love orange reds, especially with gold shimmer!! Really suits you too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I just can't get enough of reds and oranges, basically anything bright! I nearly passed it up because I've had only problems with the few Essie's I've tried up until now. So glad I didn't!

      Delete
  2. I think is the most beautiful red I've ever seen!! *_*
    *faints*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay more love for Bungle Jungle! It really is the perfect red!

      Delete
  3. I just got this color last week...I love it, the perfect red!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! It is probably my absolute favourite red! I love a good red polish and yes, this one really is perfect in every way! :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)