Monday, April 16, 2012

Hot Pink Comparison

I thought it might be about time for another comparison post... This time I have two hot pink shades with shimmer that flashes blue. These photos are of China Glaze '108 Degrees' (middle finger and pinkie) and OPI 'It's All Greek To Me' (index and ring fingers).


Pink comparison, OPI It's All greek to Me, China Glaze 108 Degrees
These polishes have a pretty similar base colour and in the bottle they do look remarkably close (see below). The difference is all in the shimmer...



Pink comparison, OPI It's All greek to Me, China Glaze 108 Degrees



Pink comparison, OPI It's All greek to Me, China Glaze 108 Degrees
'It's All Greek To Me' has a much finer shimmer, whereas '108 Degrees' verges more towards tiny glitter. Both polishes show that brilliant blue flash that I just love.



Pink comparison, OPI It's All greek to Me, China Glaze 108 Degrees
In this indirect light, you can see that the shimmer in '108' degrees' stays fairly obvious whereas the shimmer in 'It's All Greek To Me' gives off a sort of pearly look (minus the streaky nightmare in frost/pearl application).


Both of these polish are shown with 3 coats (I think... I left my notes in Wellington!) and no top coat. They are both gorgeously shiny without a top coat, although, if I was actually wearing them I wouldn't skip this step. I don't often wear colours like these so I don't own both ('108 Degrees' belongs to my Mum) but for my obsessive self they are just different enough to warrant owning both. For those slightly less convinced that even the smallest difference means you should purchase, then you probably don't need both. I guess it comes down to which shimmer you prefer. I'm on the fence with this one, I quite like them both (especially in the sun)!

1 comment :

  1. lovely ones! I prefer the china glaze's pink ^_^

    and by the way, I tried Riventing (from Capitol collection) and is beyond beautiful!! the color is so vivid and beautiful! I'm on fire! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)