Monday, April 2, 2012

I Don't Give A Rotterdam! - OPI

Today I've got another beauty to show you from OPI's recent Holland Collection. I absolutely love the shimmers from this collection and this one is no exception. This is 'I Don't Give A Rotterdam!'...



I'Don't Give A Rotterdam, OPI, Holland Collection, swatch
'I Don't Give A Rotterdam!' is an absolutely gorgeous grey hued blue with silver shimmer that verges on being a cross between flakes and glass flecks (see the macro pic at the bottom). This is the type of shimmer that features in a couple of the Holland Collection polishes.



I'Don't Give A Rotterdam, OPI, Holland Collection, swatch
This is such a flattering cornflower blue. So wearable but given an edge with the gorgeous sparkle. If my eyes weren't playing tricks on me, I'm pretty sure that the shimmer would shift from silver to gold...



I'Don't Give A Rotterdam, OPI, Holland Collection, swatch
Here's the mac-tastic view of this beauty. I am loving this kind of shimmer so much at the moment. Can't seem to get enough of it! The shimmer's pretty dense, as you can see and is quite obvious in most lights too.


The formula of 'I don't Give A Rotterdam!' was pretty great. A little sheer so 3 coats was needed but it built up really nicely. I really do love this collection so you can be sure you'll be seeing more of it in due course. Until then, it's back to the books for me. Boy am I looking forward to Easter break where I can have more time on my nails and a few days off studying :)

6 comments :

  1. You do fabulous photos!!!
    I love this IDGAR! and the other two polishes in the collection with the same finish. It's my favourite type of shimmer too, with the flecky bits!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! :) Yea I'm glad that this sort of finish seems to be popular at the moment. And it doesn't seem to need too much light to still look pretty and shimmery!

      Delete
  2. hey i tagged you for the Get To Know Me tag going round. For details head to nailpolishanon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tag. I keep forgetting about it. If I ever have time I'll certainly do it :)

      Delete
  3. I love this color! This is the only one I've gotten so far from this collection. It's totally different from anything else I have. And how about that name?! Too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I fell in love with almost every colour in this collection! I got quite a few of them! Should really get on and swatch them! And I love so many of the names in this collection!

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)