Friday, March 30, 2012

Bridal Veil - a-england

It's that really fun time at uni at the moment - mid-semester test time! So I thought I'd brighten up all our lives with an AMAZING polish... I have 'Bridal Veil' from a-england's recent collection, The Legend, to show you today.



Bridal Veil, a-england the legend, swatch
So when I first put on 'Bridal Veil', the sky was a fairly typical grey and I thought to myself "oh yea, this polish is nice but the holo isn't too obvious on the nail..."

Then this happened...


Bridal Veil, a-england the legend, swatch
This has in an instant become one of my favourite polishes in the world! In shaded light (as above), it's a gorgeous moody black with an added silvery depth. But in sunlight... Look at the amazing bursts of copper that seem to shine like there's a fire glowing beneath that blackened veil. Not to mention that glorious scattered holo effect that I am growing to love more and more. Like the most amazing galaxy in the most beautifully quiet setting with no lights polluting the sky so you can see every twinkling star.



Bridal Veil, a-england the legend, swatch
Sometimes, a green/yellow glow takes over from that copper fire. Equally as gorgeous but slightly more elusive than the copper.



Bridal Veil, a-england the legend, swatch
At certain angles of light, this polish becomes really blackened and the holo becomes even more scattered. Does this polish have a bad-side? NO!



Bridal Veil, a-england the legend, swatch

"A mysterious onyx shroud worn in anticipation of Princess Sabra's impending doom, yet bearing deep within the promise of gleaming hope."
This is what is written about 'Bridal Veil' on the a-england website. Eugenia's words perfectly capture the beauty and sadness of this polish but also that glow from somewhere deep inside it.




A little close-up and macro action. Amazing... Need I say more?


Just in case I needed one more thing to love, this polish is a one-coater. ONE-COATER! But as I've told you before, creature-of-habit here had to do two. I just don't have a steady enough hand to get it all even and pretty with one. So for me, this is an easy two coater. I used a-england 'The Knight' base and 'The Shield' top coat (which I'm having a little trouble with, though that may be for another day). Overall I love this polish beyond what I ever expected. It is so much more spectacular in real life. I got a fair few questions about it while I was wearing it.

I have said it before, if you are yet to try Adina's creations, then hop to it! These are all available on the a-england site and with free world-wide shipping there's no excuse. Thank-you again, Adina, for bringing these wonderful polishes into my life!

6 comments :

  1. Oh my lord, Anneke....I am literally speechless at these swatches! You captured every single nuance of this killer shade, and may I say, your nails are looking spectacular (a little longer now, perhaps? Gorgeous!). Thank you for the shout-out, my friend! Adina will be so proud of this review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, now I'm blushing! Thank you so much, Eugenia. It was important to me to really try and capture this shade well, because it truly is magnificent! I do hope Adina would be proud if she was ever to read this.
      As to my nails, thanks again! I'm still trying to get them right... I've never liked my nails (they used to grow so slowly and peel like nothing else) but now they're growing like weeds lol. So they fluctuate in length a bit on here while I work out how to function with longer nails :)

      Delete
    2. I've been meaning to ask you if you have a twitter account? If not, then GET YOURSELF ON THAT, woman! Lol! Seriously, it's a fabulous way to communicate instantaneously with both friends & readers, as well as expanding your readership base. Something to think about!
      PS: you're more than welcome...and totally deserving of the compliment!

      Delete
    3. No I don't have one, well not really. I set one up some time ago but I have no clue how to use it! lol. Not particularly Twitter savvy here! I think maybe it's time I worked it all out. Plus that probably makes for some good study procrastination right?

      Delete
  2. My bottle of this is on its way in the post now!! Cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh it's so much better in real life (hard to believe I know)! Let me know what you think when you get it! I'm so excited for you. Haha

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)