Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dating A Royal - OPI (Jelly Sandwich!)

I have my laptop back! And that means I got all my photos back. :) So I will be showing you today my first attempt at a jelly sandwich. I decided that I really wanted to wear OPI's 'Dating A Royal' a little while back, but I felt like wearing something more than a single colour. 'Dating A Royal' is one of those jelly/crème hybrids. Definitely not a crème, but to my eyes, I don't think it's a full jelly-jelly either. Anyway, enough chit chatting, let me just show you and you can decide for yourself...



Dating A Royal, OPI Jelly Sandwich with Shine of the Times and Last Friday Night
To start with, I did 2 coats of 'Dating A Royal', it still looked a bit see through but I was putting lots on top so that's OK. Next I layered one coat of OPI 'Last Friday Night', then one coat of Essie 'Shine Of The Times'. As you can see, at this point, it's quite an assault on your senses! The glitter is pretty full on...



Dating A Royal, OPI Jelly Sandwich with Shine of the Times and Last Friday Night
I then added one more THIN layer of 'Dating A Royal', et voilà... One Jelly Sandwich.



Dating A Royal, OPI Jelly Sandwich with Shine of the Times and Last Friday Night


Dating A Royal, OPI Jelly Sandwich with Shine of the Times and Last Friday Night
A couple more photos, both taken in full sunlight. The overall look was reasonably subtle, but to be honest I really loved it.


'Dating A Royal' is such an easy polish to apply (as are most jellys I've tried). It's so smooth and spreads effortlessly on the nail. Of course it dries super glossy, but with the glitter underneath, top coat is needed to smooth out the gritty texture some. I used a nice thick coat of Essie 'Good To Go' but if you want no gritty-ness, you will likely need more than just that. I had lots of fun with this sandwich and so I will definitely be trying this again with some other jellys.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)