Thursday, May 17, 2012

Congeniality Is My Middle Name - OPI

It is certainly getting cold here! No doubt winter is on the way. And with that comes a serious lack of sun to take pictures in.

Anyway for now, I have 'Congeniality Is My Middle Name' from OPI. This was released as part of last years Miss Universe collection. Originally I didn't get any of the polishes from this collection, but I noticed this at a cosmetics sale thingy and thought "why not?".



Congeniality Is My Middle Name, OPI, Miss Universe, swatches
'Congeniality Is My Middle Name' is absolutely gorgeous. So vibrant. It's difficult to put my finger on what  to actually call this colour...



Congeniality Is My Middle Name, OPI, Miss Universe, swatches
It's a sort of a dark pinky, fuschia, berry kind of colour, leaning ever so slightly red.



Congeniality Is My Middle Name, OPI, Miss Universe, swatches
'Congeniality Is My Middle Name' has a bunch of awesome purple shimmer in it, but here's the thing... This shimmer settles SO fast to the bottom that it's a little ridiculous! It had been sitting in my box for a month or so and it had settled to the bottom so much that I thought it didn't have any mixing balls in it because they were stuck in the shimmer! It took a good 10 or so minutes of shaking before I could use it (not ideal if you ask me).



Here's what the bottle looks like in less than a week. The purple shimmer definitely contributes a lot to the colour of this polish, as the base colour is actually quite dark and quite red.



The formula was really easy to work with. This is two coats and once the shimmer was mixed in, it acted just like any other shimmer polish. At the end of the day, I'm not too worried about the mixing problem because once it's mixed it's fine, but also, once it's on your nails... None of that even re-enters your mind, because your nails look super pretty!

For the kiwis, this is available on Candy Girl. I don't think this collection came to the regular shops (Farmers etc) but I could well be wrong about that.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)