Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Jewel of the Nile - Lac Attack

Hi all!

It's gotta be a quick one today as my laptop is about to be retired (hopefully only for a few days) to the fix-it shop. Idiot that I am, spilled wine on my keyboard last night!!!!! It's working fine at the moment, so they told me to take it home and back it up before they take it in to check it, so I figured I may as well do my blog post while I've still got it with all my pics on.

So today I have something to show you that I love! This is 'Jewel of the Nile', an indie polish from Lac Attack over top of China Glaze 'Fast Track'...


Jewel of the Nile, Lac Attack, swatch
'Jewel of the Nile' has a clear base with purple, blue and green matte glitter in it. It's like a party on my nails! :)




Jewel of the Nile, Lac Attack, swatch
These photos were both taken on a horribly overcast day and in real life this polish really does come alive! 'Jewel of the Nile' is such a fun and happy polish.



Jewel of the Nile, Lac Attack, swatch
In this macro picture you can see how this polish has some serious depth to it. It's quite strange, in this photo it looks like the purple is only in the bottom layer. It's not, I promise, the glitters are all mixed evenly through the layers.


To get this sort of coverage, I did require 4 coats of 'Jewel of the Nile' but to be honest it didn't look much different at 3, so I think that would've been fine too. I actually love the look of this polish with just one coat and to me it's perfect that it's not too dense because I have control over how I want it to look. I used 2 coats of 'Fast Track' underneath. I wanted to use a polish that would just act as a fairly blank canvas for 'Jewel of the Nile' and 'Fast Track's' neutral colour was just right. Also the gold flecks in 'Fast Track' just added to the look. Both of these polishes were so easy to apply. 'Jewel of the Nile' spread easily and the glitter stayed where it was put without any messing around on my part. It didn't tend to leave bald patches or anything, which was a nice bonus. The glitter does make it textured to the touch, of course, but I actually just used one fairly thick coat of Sally Hansen 'Insta-Dri' and though it didn't smooth it out completely, it was fine for my purposes.

'Jewel of the Nile' and other polishes by Lac Attack can be purchased from Anastasia's Etsy shop. She has just put a notice up saying that she has found base and is hoping to restock with the new 'Summer Lovin'' collection around the end of May :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)